Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CoreMidi Initialization Error - No MIDI services Available

How the heck do I stop this? I browsed the web and unable to find how to fix this error. I am currently using High Sierra Public Beta 10.13.3 and Logic Pro 10.3.3. This has been happening since I upgraded to High Sierra, I thought I would try using the High Sierra public beta to fix this problem but obviously, it does not. The only way I can stop this error is to have the Mac Audio MIDI setup open, so I set it to start when starting up or rebooting my macbook.. I tried everything! Can anybody help! Apple Please Help! see below.

1. I updated to most recent public high sierra beta.

2. I Updated all MIDI drivers and removed the ones I am not using.

3. I tried Removing all 3rd party plugins, so only logic instruments available, removed all usb controllers..

4. Reset Mac Audio and MIDI setup, and even tried creating a new MIDI configuration.

5. I tried using this trick watching https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HwLvLkNLHk

6. I tried using terminal sudo rm -rf /Library/Audio/MIDI\ Drivers/*

7. I tried trashing logic pro x and reinstalling.

8. I tried restoring Mac OS from Time Machine, this helped for a little while but then the error came back.

Nothing is fixing this, The only way I can stop this error is to have the Mac Audio MIDI setup open.

Posted on Dec 16, 2017 9:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2017 1:40 AM

I'm no authority, but MIDI operations for most of my studio have been down since Logic 10.3.2 showed up (can't recall about 10.3.1). What I'm seeing is that CLASS COMPLIANT (i.e. plug in and go) devices are okay, but devices that require drivers (like my UM-880, UM-2, and even integrated drivers in my RME gear) can NO LONGER PASS MIDI.

This is a pretty serious flaw.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 17, 2017 1:40 AM in response to bert.balagot

I'm no authority, but MIDI operations for most of my studio have been down since Logic 10.3.2 showed up (can't recall about 10.3.1). What I'm seeing is that CLASS COMPLIANT (i.e. plug in and go) devices are okay, but devices that require drivers (like my UM-880, UM-2, and even integrated drivers in my RME gear) can NO LONGER PASS MIDI.

This is a pretty serious flaw.

CoreMidi Initialization Error - No MIDI services Available

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.