Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 7 microphone not working

When I make or receive calls on th iPhone 7 the callers only hears a 'wind' noise with no voice.

I have completed a microphone check and it records my voice clearly. The phone also works without problem on FB messenger and Whats app.

I am on 3 network.

Any ideas please?

iPhone 7, iOS 11.2.1

Posted on Dec 16, 2017 10:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2017 11:48 AM

It is possible there is an issue with your carrier settings, the provisioning of your account, a network issue in your area, or a defective sim and you should discuss this issue with your carrier.

Since you can record your voice properly and you have followed the tips below it might be worth trying to restore iOS and see if that fixes the problem.

Get help with the microphones on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support

If a restore does not fix it and the carrier has no recommendation, you should make an appointment with the Genius Bar or an authorized service provider to have the phone evaluated.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 16, 2017 11:48 AM in response to KJMJS

It is possible there is an issue with your carrier settings, the provisioning of your account, a network issue in your area, or a defective sim and you should discuss this issue with your carrier.

Since you can record your voice properly and you have followed the tips below it might be worth trying to restore iOS and see if that fixes the problem.

Get help with the microphones on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support

If a restore does not fix it and the carrier has no recommendation, you should make an appointment with the Genius Bar or an authorized service provider to have the phone evaluated.

iPhone 7 microphone not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.