Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Nothing Is connected to my iPad Pro and I keep getting the message this accessory is not supported

Nothing is connected to my iPad Pro and I keep getting the message this accessory is not supported by this device

iPad Pro Wi-Fi, iOS 11.2.1

Posted on Dec 16, 2017 10:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2017 12:39 PM

Good afternoon rufus49,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand you are seeing a message "this accessory is not supported by this device" on your iPad Pro but you have nothing connected to it. Did you recently have it connected to a cable or charger? Do you have a smart cover or keyboard attached to your iPad Pro? Try turning your iPad off and then back on again. If the issue persists after restarting, you may need to have your iPad Pro inspected by an Apple Store Genius or an Apple Authorized Service Provider.
Find Locations - Service - Apple Stores and Apple Authorized Service Providers
Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 17, 2017 12:39 PM in response to rufus49

Good afternoon rufus49,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand you are seeing a message "this accessory is not supported by this device" on your iPad Pro but you have nothing connected to it. Did you recently have it connected to a cable or charger? Do you have a smart cover or keyboard attached to your iPad Pro? Try turning your iPad off and then back on again. If the issue persists after restarting, you may need to have your iPad Pro inspected by an Apple Store Genius or an Apple Authorized Service Provider.
Find Locations - Service - Apple Stores and Apple Authorized Service Providers
Take care.

Nothing Is connected to my iPad Pro and I keep getting the message this accessory is not supported

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.