Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

quotation marks on imac

A few weeks ago, I purchased an iMac (my first ever). Now to the point - the quotation marks. To begin with, they were exactly the way I wanted, the "double arrows" that is. Perhaps I fooled a bit around with the settings, perhaps it was when upgrading to High Sierra, anyway, they suddenly changed back to the "inches" way of doing things. Why are my settings (which I believe should be right by now) overrun by something out of my control? It works perfectly on my iPad and iPhone, so I have reason to believe the double arrow should be default. Please see attached screen-shot (if it works). User uploaded file

iMac, iOS 11.2.1

Posted on Dec 16, 2017 10:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2017 9:23 AM

Yes, the way you have it set up should give you double arrows for a full quote. No reason it shouldn't;t work.

When did you last run Disk Utility or shut your Mac down? I know I keep harping on about this but it really, really does make a difference as to how your Mac performs!

If that doesn't work at least your post is bumped...😉

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 17, 2017 9:23 AM in response to okvaal

Yes, the way you have it set up should give you double arrows for a full quote. No reason it shouldn't;t work.

When did you last run Disk Utility or shut your Mac down? I know I keep harping on about this but it really, really does make a difference as to how your Mac performs!

If that doesn't work at least your post is bumped...😉

quotation marks on imac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.