Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

'Musical Typing' keyboard activates Solo

Hello,

in my current Logic setup I have an issue with Key Commands and/or Control Surfaces. Whenever I press ⌘K to open the 'Musical Typing' keyboard, 'Solo' mode gets activated as well (as if you would click the 'Clear/Recall Solo' button). I checked (and reset) Key Commands already and the only assignment that ⌘K has is the 'Musical Typing' keyboard.

Strangely, activating 'Bypass All Control Surfaces' fixes the issue (until I quit Logic). Even though I have no control surface set up.

I'd be very thankful for any advice on how to fix this very issue or at least on how I can reset everything to factory defaults as the resets of key commands and control surfaces didn’t work and this behavior is quite annoying.

Thanks so much!

Max

MacBook Pro (15-inch, Late 2016), macOS High Sierra (10.13.2)

Posted on Dec 16, 2017 9:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2017 9:56 AM

Okay, this is embarrassing now…

Right after posting this question I discovered that if you enable 'Control Surface' in advanced settings you get additional control surface editing options and the same 'Controller Assignments' window suddenly shows previously hidden assignments. My 'Solo' command was in there as well and I could simply delete it.

In case anyone is interested how this was even possible, as Control Surface commands don't support keyboard shortcuts: apparently the 'Musical Typing' keyboard sends a 'Note Off' MIDI command when being opened and this 'Note Off' signal was somehow assigned to Solo mode as a Control Surface command.

Anyways, thanks for reading and maybe this helps someone else.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 16, 2017 9:56 AM in response to allocinitmax

Okay, this is embarrassing now…

Right after posting this question I discovered that if you enable 'Control Surface' in advanced settings you get additional control surface editing options and the same 'Controller Assignments' window suddenly shows previously hidden assignments. My 'Solo' command was in there as well and I could simply delete it.

In case anyone is interested how this was even possible, as Control Surface commands don't support keyboard shortcuts: apparently the 'Musical Typing' keyboard sends a 'Note Off' MIDI command when being opened and this 'Note Off' signal was somehow assigned to Solo mode as a Control Surface command.

Anyways, thanks for reading and maybe this helps someone else.

'Musical Typing' keyboard activates Solo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.