Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PHOTOS-

Does PHOTOS still use the old "library system" in the PICTURE FOLDER? If so, I cannot be sure of where all 99,000 photos/video/projects, are lodging at any given moment. I find myself wanting upload to where? I looked into uploading to ICLOUD DRIVE, but I do not know if ICLOUD DRIVE accepts and stores photos and media etc.

Should I use DROPBOX? and is an APPLE GOWITH?

MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, Early 2015), macOS Sierra (10.12.6)

Posted on Dec 16, 2017 11:29 AM

12 replies

Dec 16, 2017 6:43 PM in response to sallyfromsearcy

sallyfromsearcy wrote:

So, do I understand that choosing and finding the correct photo library is a thing of the past? I hope.

No. It is still possible for you to have multiple Photos photo libraries on your computer if you want. But only one of them can be used with iCloud Photo Library. See: Designate a System Photo Library in Photos - Apple Support

Dec 20, 2017 10:04 AM in response to sallyfromsearcy

sallyfromsearcy wrote:

So would it be advantageous, or even possible to have ONE VERY LARGE SYSTEM LIBRARY? ...

That is definitely possible and I would say advantageous but I don't have practical experience with a Photos library that large. You may want to post a new question in the Photos for Mac forum and discuss the practicality of that both from the standpoint of a Mac and also from the standpoint of using iCloud with that large a library. This is a link to that forum: Photos for Mac

Dec 19, 2017 10:15 AM in response to FoxFifth

So would it be advantageous, or even possible to have ONE VERY LARGE SYSTEM LIBRARY? Then I would be able to deal with the duplicates as well.

I want to see all my photos/videos back to 1966, like they seem to be showing up on my Photos app on the IPHONE.

I have delayed making PROJECTS/BOOKS/ETC and bought many larger Hard Drives over the years in order to get the ITEMS ALL TOGETHER.... I guess, that it is my right-brain going Left on me.

Please advise a BEST PRACTICE. and thank you... all

Jan 2, 2018 7:40 PM in response to FoxFifth

Now that I understand the System Photo Library being the place to where ICLOUD syncs or duplicates my items to the other devices, I question as to whether I must still use a computer (laptop or desktop.). I reference a TV commercial of a mom asking her child, who is using an IPAD, what was she doing on the computer. The child looks up and says, “What’s a computer?”.

anxiously waiting for this answer...

PHOTOS-

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.