Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Install new software & difficulty with administrator's password

I am attempting to install new software, however when entering the administrator's name and password it would not accept. After changing the password, it still would not accept. Help??

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Dec 16, 2017 11:42 AM

2 replies

Dec 17, 2017 6:02 AM in response to seventy one

Thank you so much for responding.

I need to download and install the updates to Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.However, before I can install the new software I'm being asked to enteradministrator's name and password.

The password I have is incorrect. What do you mean when you say install the last combo version?

Kim

On Sunday, December 17, 2017, 6:38:11 AM CST, Apple Support Communities Updates <discussions-updates@apple.com> wrote:

|

|

|

|

|

|

You received a reply

|

|

|

seventy one has replied to your question. You can view the full discussion in Communities.

|

|

|

|

Changing the password will rarely be a reason unless the machine asks you to do that.

What software are you trying to install?

Snow leopard is no longer supported but you can still download and install the last combo version.

https://support.apple.com/kb/dl1399?locale=en_US

|

|

|

|

Correct Answer Helpful Answer

|

Use the buttons above to tell seventy one and the rest of the community if this reply solved your question or helped you get closer to finding a solution.

To reply to seventy one, go to the discussion in Communities.

|

|

You are receiving this email from Communities. You can change your email preferences in your Communities Profile. Please expect a slight delay in visibility of points awarded.

TM and copyright © 2017 Apple Inc. 1 Infinite Loop, MS 96-DM. Cupertino, CA 95014.

All Rights Reserved

Privacy Policy

Terms of Use

Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.