Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 6s not uploading to iCloud or displaying photos

Hey All!

I purchased a new iPhone 6s today.In my settings on my phone it says that it is connected to iCloud and it recognizes my Macbook as a device, but the pictures on my new phone are not appearing in Photos on my Mac. Also, I am not able to access the photos in my iCloud from my new iPhone.

hope someone can help!

Cheers

iPhone 6s, iOS 11.2.1

Posted on Dec 16, 2017 11:16 AM

1 reply

Dec 17, 2017 2:28 PM in response to jmacl066

Hi jmacl066,

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

I see you're setting up a new iPhone 6s but you can't see pictures from your iPhone on your Mac, or access iCloud Photo Library on your iPhone.

It sounds like you've signed in to iCloud on your iPhone. Make sure you've enabled iCloud Photo Library as well, Here's some great step-by-step advice to follow from iCloud Photo Library - Apple Support :

Before you begin

1. Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to the latest iOS, your Mac to the latest macOS, and your Apple TV (4th generation) to the latest tvOS.
  2. Set up iCloud on all of your devices.
  3. Make sure that you’re signed in to iCloud with the same Apple ID on all of your devices that you want to use with iCloud Photo Library.

Turn on iCloud Photo Library

• On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 10.3 or later, go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Photos, then turn on iCloud Photo Library. In iOS 10.2 or earlier, go to Settings > iCloud > Photos.
  • On your Mac with OS X 10.10.3 or later, go to System Preferences > iCloud. Click Options next to Photos, then select iCloud Photo Library.
After completing these steps, it may take some time to download your pictures from iCloud Photo Library to your iPhone, depending on your internet connection speed. Here's how to see if photo download or upload is in progress:

Pause library uploads to iCloud

When you turn on iCloud Photo Library, the time it takes for your photos and videos to upload to iCloud depends on the size of your collection and your Internet speed. If you have a large collection of photos and videos, your upload might take more time than usual. You can see the status and pause the upload for one day.

• On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Photos. In iOS 10.2 or earlier, go to Settings > iCloud > Photos. You can also open the Photos app, go to the Moments view, and scroll to the bottom of your screen.
  • On your Mac, open the Photos app. Select Photos in the sidebar, then click Moments in the list of tabs in the toolbar. Scroll to the bottom of your photos and click Pause.
If the issues with seeing your photos continue after following this advice, you can find more troubleshooting steps in

Get help with your iCloud Photo Library.
Cheers.

Iphone 6s not uploading to iCloud or displaying photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.