Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios 11.2.1 issues, can anyone help me?!!

User uploaded file

Posted on Dec 16, 2017 11:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2017 11:58 AM

kristjani26 wrote:

it doesnt turn off wifi, just disconnects me from the network, and i prefer to turn it off, can you help me please

Correct. That is what that button is designed to do, as of iOS 11. To turn off Wi-Fi:

• Settings/Wi-Fi - OFF
  • "Hey Siri, turn off Wi-Fi"
  • Hold the HOME button: "Turn off Wi-Fi"

It's all explained here: Use Bluetooth and Wi-Fi in Control Center with iOS 11 - Apple Support

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 16, 2017 11:58 AM in response to kristjani26

kristjani26 wrote:

it doesnt turn off wifi, just disconnects me from the network, and i prefer to turn it off, can you help me please

Correct. That is what that button is designed to do, as of iOS 11. To turn off Wi-Fi:

• Settings/Wi-Fi - OFF
  • "Hey Siri, turn off Wi-Fi"
  • Hold the HOME button: "Turn off Wi-Fi"

It's all explained here: Use Bluetooth and Wi-Fi in Control Center with iOS 11 - Apple Support

Dec 16, 2017 12:24 PM in response to kristjani26

No, Wi-Fi does not drain the battery. A common myth, but wrong for several reasons:

• If the phone is locked Wi-Fi is off. Completely. Uses no power when it is off.
  • If Wi-Fi is not connected and the phone is unlocked it uses no power, other than to listen to see if there are any nearby networks. It does this every 15 seconds. As it is only listening and only for 1 second every 15 it uses unmeasurably small amounts of energy.
  • If Wi-Fi IS connected and the phone is awake it will always use less power than cellular data, by as much as a factor of 10 depending on cellular signal strength

Dec 22, 2017 1:01 PM in response to kristjani26

See this article that explains: http://www.idownloadblog.com/2017/11/14/ios-11-2-control-center-wi-fi-bluetooth- splash-screens/

Essentially, tapping the WiFi or Bluetooth icons once in the control center will now just temporarily disable the wireless radio functions. It will show a greyed out version of the icon and the device will still be able to connect to features like AirDrop, Personal Hotspot, location accuracy, Apple Watch, Apple Pencil, Personal Hotspot and Handoff.

If the user wishes to completely turn off all wireless radio functions, they must go to the Settings and turn them off there.

Personally, I think that Apple should at least look into the option of providing a feature in the Settings for WiFi and Bluetooth that would allow you to choose if you A) want this function of temporarily disabling wireless radio or B) Allowing the control center to disable all wireless radio functions (like it was before the iOS 11.2.1 upgrade)

ios 11.2.1 issues, can anyone help me?!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.