Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Interrupted listening between devices

I am getting a popup while listening to iTunes music on my iMac, "You appear to be listening on another device" (something like that), I am requested to simply hit Play to continue listening. I also experience interruption of music on my car audio system which is fed by either an iPad or my iPhone.

Turnes out my grand-daughter will be listening to music at those times, if I hit the play button on my end, she will be interrupted. Obviously we share the same account, am I to believe that iTunes can only handle one device playback at a time?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 11.2.1

Posted on Dec 16, 2017 11:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2017 2:15 PM

If you are sharing an Apple ID, you need to create a new one for her and use Family Sharing. See this about Apple Music. Use Apple Music on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Android phone - Apple Support

See this about Family Sharing. Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

And using Apple Music with Family Sharing. Get an Apple Music Family subscription - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 27, 2017 2:15 PM in response to Domino44

If you are sharing an Apple ID, you need to create a new one for her and use Family Sharing. See this about Apple Music. Use Apple Music on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Android phone - Apple Support

See this about Family Sharing. Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

And using Apple Music with Family Sharing. Get an Apple Music Family subscription - Apple Support

Interrupted listening between devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.