Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I keep receiving notices from Apple to upgrade to High Sierra. Have they worked out all the bugs yet?

I keep receiving notices from Apple to upgrade to High Sierra. Have they worked out all the bugs yet?

iMac, macOS Sierra (10.12.4)

Posted on Dec 16, 2017 12:06 PM

9 replies

Dec 16, 2017 2:38 PM in response to Brenda Suggs

Why do you ask? Every operating system has bugs, as is the case with every operating system there will ever be.

Some "bugs" aren't bugs at all, but intentional changes that some people may not like. For example, the elimination of the Finder's "All My Files", or a FaceTime audio window that can't be moved, or Preferences windows that can no longer be resized... those are but a few examples. There are many more. None of those changes made any difference to me. Some of them I didn't even know about. Reading reports from others though, you'd think their world has come to an end.

Are those complaints going to prevent me from upgrading? Of course not. Will it prevent you from upgrading? Read Upgrading macOS without fear and find out for yourself.

Dec 16, 2017 7:00 PM in response to GregBrownDesign

GregBrownDesign wrote:

I am having an AWFUL time in just waking my desktop mac from sleep mode. I often have to restart it. I would wait until another "bug fix" goes out. My faith in apple is DEEPLY shaken.

GregBrownDesign, the way to solicit help from this site's participants is to post your own Discussion describing the problems you are experiencing with your Mac. That's just how this site works.

The only Discussions you created predate High Sierra's release. None of this site's helpful participants are likely to be interested in your faith or lack of it, but are quite likely to be able to assist you fix your Mac... assuming that is actually what you want to do.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.