Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Outlook cannot setup my initial profile.

I have just installed iCloud for Windows and when I open Outlook (2013 desktop version) it tries to set up my profile by connecting to server p37-imap.mail.me.com but will not accept my Apple ID password. It was many years ago when I set up my @icloud.com email address (which is different to my Apple ID login email address) and I'm wondering if the password to my @icloud.com email is different to my Apple ID password. If that is the case, how can I change the password for my @icloud.com email without changing the password for my Apple ID?

null-OTHER, Windows 10, Outlook 2013 using iCloud for Windo

Posted on Dec 16, 2017 4:08 PM

1 reply

Dec 19, 2017 3:15 PM in response to MelbourneBloke

Hi MelbourneBloke!

I understand that you're having some difficulty setting up your iCloud email account on your PC, and I'm happy to help. If your Apple ID is connected to the same account as your iCloud email address, then the passwords will be the same. There is not a way to have separate passwords if they are not separate accounts.

Change your Apple ID password

Outlook cannot setup my initial profile.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.