Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When trying to install the latest version of iTunes I get an Alert "This software is not supported on your system." I'm running OS X Yosemite Version 10.10.5. Any help?

When trying to install the latest version of iTunes I get an alert "This software is not supported on your system." I'm running OS X Yosemite Version 10.10.5. Any suggestions?

iMac

Posted on Dec 16, 2017 5:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2017 2:50 AM

Open App Store , select Updates.

If you see a Security update available, I suggest you to apply it. If a restart is required, do it.

Then still from App Store, if you see an iTunes update available, I suggest you to apply it.

14 replies

Dec 17, 2017 4:24 AM in response to dvcbunny

Did you get this last version of iTunes from App Store?

For your information (I know this won't help you now)

I have a MacBook Pro running Yosemite 10.10.5,

and I upgraded to iTunes 12.7.2.60 (the latest version) this night without any error

message. This version of iTunes is running perfectly on this version of the OS.

Could you check that the time is correct on your Mac?

Many updates can fail when the time is wrong (because of limited validity of softwares)

but the upgrade software (App Store) won't tell you this is the origin of the failure (because this would be much too complex for many users and would give a very bad image of Apple).

When trying to install the latest version of iTunes I get an Alert "This software is not supported on your system." I'm running OS X Yosemite Version 10.10.5. Any help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.