Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I’m concerned someone is attempting to access my account. I received a message purportedly from Apple yesterday indicating some in Afghanistan tried to access my account. It’s not clear to if Apple requested a p/w reset or if I’m being phished.

Email heading was: [ Recent Account Update ] Statement Review Alert: Account Has Been Request To Reset Password apps on Dec Fri 2017 #6QAJQNUJ

The email was addressed to dear: ********

We send: (the code) to +******* that is used to sign into Your Apple ********.

Sign-in details

Country/region: Zaranj, Afghanistan

IP address: 44.8.13.91

Date: Dec 15, 2017, 11:26

Platform: MacBook Pro

Browser: Chrome

Is this you, all is going wrong.

If this is not You

Please go to your recent activity page to let us know whether or not this was you. If this wasn’t you, we’ll help you secure your account. If this was you, we’ll trust similar activity in the future.

There was there a box to click to review recent activity and below that box it said

To opt out or change where you receive security notifications, click here.

Support Apple team

Mac mini

Posted on Dec 16, 2017 12:41 PM

1 reply

I’m concerned someone is attempting to access my account. I received a message purportedly from Apple yesterday indicating some in Afghanistan tried to access my account. It’s not clear to if Apple requested a p/w reset or if I’m being phished.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.