Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Control + Command + Left/Right Arrow not working as expected

Not sure what is different today - but using the following key sequence stopped working as it once did.

Control + Command + Left Arrow (or Right Arrow)

Up until today this key sequence placed the playhead/skimmer between adjacent clips (or titles). Today, it seems to be highlighting clips and moving the playhead/skimmer (but not always placing the playhead/skimmer between clips that I'd like).

Did some setting get changed to cause this?

I'm I remembering or using the wrong key sequence?

Was it the recent FCPX update that changed things?

I don't know =(

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Dec 16, 2017 2:11 PM

3 replies

Dec 16, 2017 2:52 PM in response to Barry0706

Thanks for showing the custom commands area. I haven't made a custom command before - not sure if I'd be able to figure out how to regenerate the old command (or build any custom command for that matter).

I've been using Control + Command + Left/Right Arrow for months now. But, anyway, I'd like to know if there is a default command that accomplishes placing skimmer/playhead between adjacent clips (without highlighting anything)? I'd hate to go back to zooming in extremely close (down to the frames) just to place the playhead/skimmer between two clips.

That feature is something I use a LOT. I wish it didn't get deleted with the new version of FCPX.

Control + Command + Left/Right Arrow not working as expected

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.