Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not available storage on iCloud, though it’s all free! Can’t back up to my new phone!!!

Please, I want to cry! I bought the new iPhone 8+, and wanted to transfer selective information such as contacts, notes, iBooks, avoiding the transfer of Apps and Photos. I turned those off, so that I could back up to iCloud and it says there is no storage available. I have 1.7GB out of 5GB used, so it didn’t make any sense. I manually summed all the storage capacity of the apps that I left, and they would add up to 4GB together with the 1.7GB, which isn’t full! Makes even less sense!!!! Eventually I am so freaking fed up, I buy that friggin 50GB... and guess what?! NOT ENOUGH AVAILABLE STORAGE!!!! Please help me out, my new phone has been in the bag for a week si ce I can’t use it without the info, and I don’t want all the info transfered.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Posted on Dec 16, 2017 1:46 PM

3 replies

Dec 17, 2017 12:01 PM in response to Omarkaryan

Hi

Go to iTunes main page bottom of page apple I'd delete all I'd Then add back again.

Have you got a payment method on new iPhone credit card?

Have you got your other iPhone it need to be running the same ios 11 software go to iCloud make sure iCloud back up is on Then backup now over your wifi.

If it does back up.

On new iPhone go to settings down to reset Restore iPhone back to factory settings.

Set back up over your wifi when it asks if you want to use iCloud backup Say yes to get your apps and data back on new iPhone.

Later go to i books download ios 11 user guide & iPhone 8 guide both are free.

Let me know if this works.

Cheers

Brian 🇬-1F1E7;

Not available storage on iCloud, though it’s all free! Can’t back up to my new phone!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.