Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Can't Sync iPhone using iTunes

I can no longer complete my iPhone sync from iTunes. Stops at 3 of 5. Used to receive a pop-up saying calendar sync could not complete and I could then decline and sync would proceed through step 5. How do I overcome this stop at step 3?

iPod touch, iOS 5.0.1, imac running 10.6.8

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

Dec 17, 2017 2:14 PM in response to investowiz In response to investowiz

If that happened to me, assuming I was running the current iTunes version (12.7.2), I would correct the calendar sync instructions in iTunes and try again. Why not simply let iTunes know you have no interest in syncing calendars?

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Dec 16, 2017 2:18 PM in response to investowiz In response to investowiz

Your profile indicates "iMac running 10.6.8". If this is true, then you have a problem.

You have not told us anything about your iPhone or computer particulars, so I will assume your iPhone is using iOS 11.

iOS 11 requires iTunes 12.7 or later to communicate. iTunes 12.7 requires OS X 10.10.5 or later.

Dec 16, 2017 2:18 PM

Reply Helpful

Dec 16, 2017 2:47 PM in response to sberman In response to sberman

Thanks for your response. iMac is running 10.13.2. iPhone is 11.2.1. I used to get a message that "can't sync calendars" and I could simple skip and the sync would complete. Now, no message and a freeze at step 3 of 5 in the sync process.

Dec 16, 2017 2:47 PM

Reply Helpful
Question marked as Helpful

Dec 17, 2017 2:14 PM in response to investowiz In response to investowiz

If that happened to me, assuming I was running the current iTunes version (12.7.2), I would correct the calendar sync instructions in iTunes and try again. Why not simply let iTunes know you have no interest in syncing calendars?

Dec 17, 2017 2:14 PM

Reply Helpful (1)

Dec 17, 2017 2:22 PM in response to sberman In response to sberman

Thank you once again for your help. I truly appreciate it. I went back to the iTunes preferences and discovered I had never clicked on "info" in the the settings list. I did and discovered I could disengage the calendars from syncing. Looks like it worked and I can now back up my iPhone.

Dec 17, 2017 2:22 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: investowiz

Question: Can't Sync iPhone using iTunes