Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Tracks (songs) randomly skip

Tracks Skip during playback on Ipods/Ipads

Transferred 3,000+ songs from CD's to ITunes on Windows 10 laptop, and on Windows 8 PC. Have done so several times, using built-in CD Rom drives, and new external drive.

Song tracks play well on Lap-top and PC, but when played back on 2 different IPods, 2 different IPads, and through car system via a stick, certain song tracks skip after playing a portion of the track. If I manually advance the song on the devices by using the FF, I can hear that they do exist in full on each device. Each track skips at the same point on each device, however no two tracks skip at the same point.

I would guess that about 10-15% of the tracks have the problem, and it doesn't appear to be caused by what source was used in uploading them.

It seems that there is some sort of command being put into some tracks that is similar to that used to command the device to advance to the next track, it does the same whatever the mode of playback (shuffle, album, etc.). It appears that the problem is with I-Tunes, not the devices

Note: this has been occurring for 1-2 years, and with a delete and reinstall of I-Tunes, and re install of all the CD's

iPod classic

Posted on Dec 16, 2017 2:54 PM

There are no replies.

Tracks (songs) randomly skip

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.