Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

High Sierra. Preview many problems.

Hi,

after updating to High Sierra, preview has changed a lot.

Annotating with notes:

1. The size of the note has increased. Now it is a big box that is hard to place on a specific word. Before it was smaller. Is the size adjustable?

2. Before I would mark a word in the pdf where I wanna put the note, then click on note and the note would appear on the marked word. Now marking doesn't give any directions, the note will just pop up in the middle of the screen and I have to manually move it to where it should sit.

3. Note content not always saved. This is most annoying. I send an annotated pdf file to a customer and they question me back about what I wanted to point out with the empty note. Saving the file seems to not safe all annotation contents. Also if I work on a file and close it and reopen it I find some of the notes empty. Any ideas?

Search within text:

The find function does not work anymore. At all. Very strange.

File size problem:

I used to receive charts with texts as .eps files from my customers. Before preview would open them as pdf but keep the file size the same. Now a 3MB .eps turns into a 15-20MB pdf file. Very annoying.

Does anyone have an idea how to solve these issues? Or at least some of them? Thank you very much!!!

MacBook (13-inch Late 2006), iOS 11.2.1

Posted on Dec 16, 2017 2:46 PM

3 replies

Jan 24, 2018 6:03 AM in response to jkuehn123

I think the problem with the text box imobility is here to stay. I never had that problem with my 2008 Preview version until I updated to Yosemite. Now I have a NEW 2012 (Mid), and just upgraded to High Sierra yesterday. The stupid text box is the same, but I figured out that by just tapping once on the "Note" icon to highlight and open it THEN I have to go to the icon on thh toolbar above "rectangular selection" and this makes the text/note box moveable and WAY inconvenient, though the only option.

My current problem is that now the HIGHLIGHTING of text doesn't do that, it actually crosses out/strikes out the text, even though the tools window says "highlight". I am frustrated as **** with this. Any work arounds on this?

Thanks

High Sierra. Preview many problems.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.