Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I move my iCloud files back to my computer?

I accidentally moved all of my files in my Document fold to the icloud, how do I move them back?

iMac G5 (17-inch iSight), iOS 11.2.1

Posted on Dec 16, 2017 5:23 PM

3 replies

Dec 17, 2017 5:14 PM in response to jhkrueger

jhk...if you are running a version 10 or news, go the Finder and click on iCloud Drive, it should give you a menu showing your Document folder. Click on that. You can make another Document folder for your desktop to copy and paste you files into. But they will be like Virtual reality...the original file stays in iCloud. Do not drag it to the desktop, because anything you drag OUT of the Cloud, then delete is gone. So make a copy for desktop....when you save it if
I understood correctly, it will also save in the original.

Now, MY PROBLEM :

I also have this question, but a bit different. I need the originals on my desktop, losing my Internet and won't be able to access the Cloud for months. I need my research files on my iMac hard drive so I can access all of them as needed. I must make sure the originals are backed them up to portable hard drive. Not only photos and documents, but any works in progress on other software. Need to be able to do this by January. Thank you.

How do I move my iCloud files back to my computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.