Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what is the difference between email at me.com and iCloud.com? Are they better than using gmail for security?

what is the difference between email at me.com and iCloud.com? Are they better than using gmail for security?

MacBook Pro (13-inch Early 2011)

Posted on Dec 16, 2017 6:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2017 6:49 PM

iCloud gives you 5GB free per Apple ID; Google gives you 15GB per account ID. Mail is potentially only one factor in either as the same account with either of those services can also be used to store photos and other data.

4 replies

Dec 16, 2017 6:34 PM in response to birdie130

me.com is an older iteration of iCloud.com -- see: iCloud: About your @icloud.com, @me.com, and @mac.com email addresses - Apple Support

In terms of security you may get different opinions but I don't think there is a significant difference. You can turn on two-factor authentication for your Apple ID or 2-step Verification for your gmail account to increase security.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.