Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Anyone else having problems with colouring emitters and generators since the 5.4 update?

Since the update, I cannot colorise emitters or replicators properly.

The 'pick from colour range' and 'colour over life' - tools seems to be broken.

The colours that are produced are all different than what is selected.

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015), macOS Sierra (10.12), 8gig ram, amd R9 M390, core 1%

Posted on Dec 16, 2017 4:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2017 11:44 PM

… I'm not a 100% that is a 'new' oddity, but:

User uploaded file

it DOES work, if the source of your Emitter is set to WHITE

when the Source is Black = no colors.

User uploaded file

looks like, the Colorize/over life is set to some comp-mode (Add or wotever) …

Was that handle differently in the past? 😕

5 replies

Dec 16, 2017 11:48 PM in response to Karsten Schlüter

Hello Karsten,

Thank you so much for this direction,

..yes, if the source colorise is not set to white then the colorise tools are thrown off. I see that was my problem.

I think in the previous build it never mattered what the source color was, it just worked regardless. I use the feature often in my work.

Thank you for rescuing my weekend projects!

Dec 17, 2017 12:07 AM in response to rowie302

rowie302 wrote:

…Thank you for rescuing my weekend projects!

… we weekend-tinkerers should stand together 😉

here football … the one played with the foot 😉 'Discovered' Rugby just recently - oomph, tough! REALLY tough, and incredible fast, esp taking the masses in move into calculation! Fun, for me, to call a goal 'try' (Yoda "no try, do!")

Was impressed by fairness and character, watched the 'unity' before match when Tonga and New Zealand (?) clashed together… my son broke an arm and a leg in his first 10y playing, ok as a defender … hard to imagine the rate in your sports....😮

back2topic

Used the 'over-life' in the past just for opacities, have to admit … no clue , if this is a new one.

Dec 17, 2017 7:15 AM in response to rowie302

"I think in the previous build it never mattered what the source color was, it just worked regardless."

I use this a lot and just to clarify this is the way Motion has operated all along. Objects that are not white don't throw it off, they work as intended, the color hue is over-layed on top of the original color. Thus the object's original color will effect the hue. Always worked this way. Just FYI.

Anyone else having problems with colouring emitters and generators since the 5.4 update?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.