Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessages not working on my iPod or macbook pro

I'm not able to send iMessages on my iPod or mac. I have the iPod touch, and a macbook pro; i don't own an iPhone and the messages were working fine this morning. Whenever I try to send a message to anyone, it says "not delivered." My wifi is fine, as i can visit websites and other family member's Apple products are working fine. I tried to sign out of my iMessages account and then re-login, but now it's not letting me login on either iPod/mac. It is saying "Facetime authentication failed" on my iPod and "An error occurred during authentication" on my mac. Any advice?

iPod touch, iOS 11.2.1

Posted on Dec 16, 2017 3:57 PM

1 reply

Dec 19, 2017 6:00 PM in response to alooony

Hello there alooony,

It sounds like at some point both your iPod and your MacBook Pro are unable to activate iMessage. We have a couple articles about that sort of issue which we would recommend you have a look at:

If you get an error when trying to activate iMessage or FaceTime
If you can‘t sign in to your iMessage account or FaceTime on your Mac

It could be possible that you may need to have a look at your Wi-Fi settings as well and set them up with the recommended adjustments in the following article:

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points

Take care!

iMessages not working on my iPod or macbook pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.