Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone X alert sounds randomly turn off.

iPhone X - 256GB

Sometime the alerts just turn off. The only way I've found to turn alerts back on is to restart the phone.

Anyone have a cure?

Thanks

sc

Posted on Dec 16, 2017 5:20 PM

1 reply

Dec 18, 2017 7:42 AM in response to Steve Cohen

Hi Steve,
Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Based on what you are describing (issues with alert or Notification sounds, which is temporarily resolved by a restart of the device), you may want to try reinstalling a fresh copy of iOS to help resolve (or at least rule out) any system software issues. Once iOS is reinstalled, you will want to test and see if the issue persists or returns. The process is outlined in the following article under the section "If your device turns on but gets stuck during start up" (the article itself is aimed at a slightly different issue, but the steps outlined are still applicable in this case):

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support

Note: While this process generally shouldn't affect your data or settings, it's always best to have a full backup of your data just in case. If you haven't recently backed up your device, you may also find this article helpful:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Regards.

My iPhone X alert sounds randomly turn off.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.