Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spotlight Search

Spotlight search is intermittent for me. It works after a reboot but then stops working after 5 or more apps are open in the background. I have turned off location services and turned off Siri search and rebooted but it still does the same thing. The only thing that will get it to work is rebooting or force quitting all apps in the background. Now Apple says we shouldn't do that but of course thats not the case. Is anyone else having this problem and found a fix for this? I'd also like to mention that I did a complete restore. Did not restore from a backup. Restored as new and it still does it.

Posted on Dec 16, 2017 7:21 PM

5 replies

Jan 3, 2018 2:49 PM in response to disconnekt

I have. I don’t know if you have the app “Workflow” but that was the culprit for me. That app allows you to put an icon on your home screen as a shortcut to whatever workflow you assigned it to. I had three folders full of shortcuts. I restored my phone as New then downloaded Workflow but did not add any shortcuts to my home screen and voila! Spotless now works like a champ. I believe those shortcuts were making spotlight crash.

Spotlight Search

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.