I understand that you are unable to play a movie that you've rented because it stops after a few seconds. I'm happy to provide some help for this issue.
I recommend that you use the following article to report a problem with this movie:
Get help with an item purchased from the App Store, iTunes Store, or iBooks Store - Apple Support
Report a problem
You can report a problem with any purchase that you've made in the last 90 days. Find the purchase that you need help with, then click Report a Problem and follow the onscreen steps. You might need to send us more information, contact the app developer, or download the item again.
If the purchases that you're trying to get help with don't appear in Report a Problem, or you aren't sure which Apple ID these charges were made with, check to make sure your email address has an Apple ID associated with it, then contact Apple Support.
If you use Family Sharing and need help with a shared item, ask the family member who initiated the purchase to complete these steps.
Learn how to get help with subscriptions and apps that unexpectedly quit, stop responding, or won't open.
Get help with other iTunes purchases
- Some items and purchases older than 90 days are not eligible for refunds. See the terms and conditions for more information.
- Learn about how iTunes Store purchases are billed — including purchases made with Family Sharing.
- If you get an email about a charge to your account that you don’t remember authorizing, check to see if the email is legitimate.
- Get help with subscriptions and recurring purchases through apps you might have downloaded to your device.
- Get help downgrading your iCloud storage plan.
- You can also see your purchase history in the App Store or iTunes Store.
Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Cheers!