Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I change the layout on a Pages template?

I'm using the Journal newsletter template and want to narrow the left "column" but it registers as just one column. There is a tab marker at 3" on the horizontal ruler, but it refuses to budge. Am I asking the impossible and is that the price of using a template?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch,Early 2015), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Dec 16, 2017 6:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2017 7:12 PM

There are three versions on Pages that will work in Yosemite, assuming that is the OS X version you are using. Each version contains several templates. Including the Pages version number (Pages menu > About Pages) in any question about Pages is really useful when attempting to answer a question.

The Journal Newsletter template in Pages 5 is a Word Processing document. The main text is in the Document body, meaning new pages are added as they are needed to accommodate added text.

The layout of the document contains a single column, a wider that usual Top margin (1.11"), a wider that usual Right margin (also 1.11"), a slightly smaller than usual Bottom margin (0.97"), and a very wide Left margin (3.06").

You can change these settings in the Document Inspector (red arrow):

User uploaded file

The number of columns can be set in the Format Inspector (click the brush) in the Text tab. (Red arrow)

User uploaded file

Regards,

Barry

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 16, 2017 7:12 PM in response to streamchum

There are three versions on Pages that will work in Yosemite, assuming that is the OS X version you are using. Each version contains several templates. Including the Pages version number (Pages menu > About Pages) in any question about Pages is really useful when attempting to answer a question.

The Journal Newsletter template in Pages 5 is a Word Processing document. The main text is in the Document body, meaning new pages are added as they are needed to accommodate added text.

The layout of the document contains a single column, a wider that usual Top margin (1.11"), a wider that usual Right margin (also 1.11"), a slightly smaller than usual Bottom margin (0.97"), and a very wide Left margin (3.06").

You can change these settings in the Document Inspector (red arrow):

User uploaded file

The number of columns can be set in the Format Inspector (click the brush) in the Text tab. (Red arrow)

User uploaded file

Regards,

Barry

How can I change the layout on a Pages template?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.