Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I switch the sim card from a phone that's been activate locked into a new phone, will the new phone become locked?

Hello! First time here. Recently, my phone was locked by activation. I don't use apps or Itunes too much so I forgot my Apple ID. The email I used to create the Apple ID can't be accessed because it's old and we don't remember the password to it anymore and Yahoo won't let us in. I have the same iPhone (iPhone 5c) that was my brothers that he doesn't use anymore. If I take my sim card from the locked phone and place it in the new phone, will the new phone get locked as well?

iPhone 5c

Posted on Dec 16, 2017 6:39 PM

2 replies

Dec 17, 2017 6:27 AM in response to marybeth.mccoy

Take the device, the original purchase receipt, and a photo ID to the nearest Apple Store.

Genius Bar Reservation US

or contact Apple ID Support. They will need to see the receipt also.

Apple ID Support

Apple ID Support (2)

Apple Support by e-mail or chat Select your device, Battery, Power and Charging, then Power adapter not working to get a chat option. If you need to talk to them, ask them if they will do a Skype or FaceTime with you.

Apple Support using Twitter

If I switch the sim card from a phone that's been activate locked into a new phone, will the new phone become locked?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.