Related Article

Unauthorized modification of iOS can cause security vulnerabilities, instability, shortened battery life, and other issues

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: HOW CAN I UNLOCK MY IPONE SE

I have an iphone SE ios 11.2.1 how can I unlock this phone now that I'm not using past carrier over a year ago?

iOS 11.2.1, iPhone SE

Posted on

Question marked as Solved
Answer:
Answer:

Speak to your past carrier. Since your past carrier holds the lock, only he can unlock it for you.

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

Dec 18, 2017 3:25 PM in response to Leofromfl In response to Leofromfl

Yes. They don't remove it from the database but instead hack it to unlock. Some of these jail break it to do that. Either way at some future upgrade, the hack will be discovered and it will relock once more.

In addition, apps that jail break defeats security on it.

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Dec 17, 2017 4:59 PM in response to Allan Eckert In response to Allan Eckert

Thank you Allen I thought you'd say that we were one day from having the phone unlocked. We will do this and see? Have heard this where one has one more day (we didn't know) to have it unlocked. Is there is an issue with using the apps available to unlock it.

Dec 17, 2017 4:59 PM

Reply Helpful
Question marked as Helpful

Dec 18, 2017 3:25 PM in response to Leofromfl In response to Leofromfl

Yes. They don't remove it from the database but instead hack it to unlock. Some of these jail break it to do that. Either way at some future upgrade, the hack will be discovered and it will relock once more.

In addition, apps that jail break defeats security on it.

Dec 18, 2017 3:25 PM

Reply Helpful (1)
User profile for user: Leofromfl

Question: HOW CAN I UNLOCK MY IPONE SE