Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: w7pro upgrade install failed

Hello: macbook pro late 2014. Bootcamped w7pro/high sierra. All copies legit. Attempted to do an "upgrade install" (repair w7pro OS, keep the 3rd-party programs) of w7pro. I have the w7pro SP1 DVD and I can create a flash install from that if needed. Here's the process I did:

-put DVD into DVD (external) drive.

-selected "upgrade" when the install process (setup.exe on the DVD) began.

-I did not closely monitor the "upgrade", but after an hour or so, all seemed to be going smoothly.

-after another couple of hours, I checked, and msg was, "could not successfully install this version. Reverted to your original install." (my words, but I think that's close enough.)

How can I successfully complete the procedure?

-Boot from the DVD (per apple support call, I was told no (don't boot to DVD), to just click on "setup.exe" as above, while within the currently open win7pro? -- -Or, create & use a flash installer?

-Or, monitor the install closer?

-Does mac need to be in safe mode (w/networking)? Something else?

Please note that I did successfully complete the same procedure (upgrade install to keep the 3rd-party programs, just repair the w7pro OS) without problems (1 try) on a gamer-grade tower windows-only PC about a month ago.

Please advise if this would get best replies in another forum.

Thank you.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, Windows 7, high sierra

Posted on

There are no replies.
User profile for user: Paul Larkin

Question: w7pro upgrade install failed