Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying mg to use home sharing and getting this message - I refuse to purchase music twice on two different accounts in the same household-

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Posted on Dec 16, 2017 8:09 PM

1 reply

Dec 20, 2017 3:26 PM in response to Bonbon55

Hi Bonbon55,

I understand that you are being prompted to redownload some music since it's already been purchased by someone else in your family, but then you get an error that you can't redownload it. I'm happy to provide some help for this issue.

Instead of going through this route, I recommend downloading this music using the process outlined in the article below:

Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books from the iTunes Store, iBooks Store, and App Store - Apple Support

Redownload movies, TV shows, or music

You can redownload movies, TV shows, and music on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, or PC.

Learn more about redownloading in the iTunes Store:

On an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Open the iTunes Store app.
  2. On your iPhone or iPod, tap More > Purchased at the bottom of the screen. On an iPad, just tap Purchased.
  3. Depending on what you want to redownload, tap Music, Movies, or TV Shows, then tap "Not on This [device]."
  4. Find the movie, TV show, or music that you want to redownload, then tap it.
  5. Tap User uploaded file to the right of the title. The movie, TV show, or music downloads to your device. You can find movies and TV shows that you redownload in the TV app3 or Videos app, and music in the Music app.
    User uploaded file

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Cheers!

Trying mg to use home sharing and getting this message - I refuse to purchase music twice on two different accounts in the same household-

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.