Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod classic won't set volume limit

My iPod classic will not let me set my volume limit to maximum. It keeps going back to halfway or less. How can I fix this??

iPod classic

Posted on Dec 16, 2017 7:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2017 3:23 AM

If I recall correctly (as I no longer have a working Classic), after you "set" the volume limit on a Classic (by pressing the centre button) the indicator bar will go back to the level that the actual volume was at, while the arrow under the bar will stay at the limit you have set.

If you then adjust the volume on the Now Playing screen, it will reach the maximum that you have set.

I have asked our hosts to relocate this conversation to the iPod Classic forum, where it can help other Classic users.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 17, 2017 3:23 AM in response to exmouthria

If I recall correctly (as I no longer have a working Classic), after you "set" the volume limit on a Classic (by pressing the centre button) the indicator bar will go back to the level that the actual volume was at, while the arrow under the bar will stay at the limit you have set.

If you then adjust the volume on the Now Playing screen, it will reach the maximum that you have set.

I have asked our hosts to relocate this conversation to the iPod Classic forum, where it can help other Classic users.

iPod classic won't set volume limit

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.