Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes no longer recognizes my iphone

ITunes no longer recognizes my iPhone when I plug it in the computer. I get error messages saying such. Half the time I plug iTunes freezes. Every time it freezes the iPhone icon appears as it usually does when I plug in. The other half of the time the icon does not appear and nothing happens when I plug in but this does not result in a freeze. I have all current updates and am on 11.2.1

iOS 11.2.1

Posted on Dec 16, 2017 8:22 PM

4 replies

Dec 16, 2017 8:44 PM in response to neverlucky

I have the same problem, except that I don't get an error message. I went on a trip without my laptop and when I returned, I tried syncing my iPhone 6 plus to iTunes on my laptop to no avail. Before I left, I had no problem. iTunes would start up as soon as I connected my phone and syncing started right away. Now, nothing happens. When I start up iTunes, my phone isn't connected. I tried uninstalling and re-installing iTunes on my laptop. Not successful.

Dec 17, 2017 8:52 AM in response to madra31

I tried to update the Apple mobile device USB driver as follows: Going to Device Manager, I found Apple iPhone listed under Portable Devices. I clicked on properties, then the driver tab and selected Update Driver. I clicked on Select automatically for updated driver and Windows searched and concluded that I already had an updated driver. However, iTunes still doesn't recognize my iPhone. Any other suggestions?

itunes no longer recognizes my iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.