Related Article: If you forgot your Apple ID

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an Apple 1st generation and for some reason the device went into action lock. I used all of these steps and the IPad still will not allow me to unlo

I have an Apple 1st generation, while using my IPad 1st IPad it went into the Activation Lock mode. Now the lock mod, I’ve used all the proper steps and it continues to unlock. I’m at a loss in what to do at this point. Is there something I’m missing too fix my IPad?

iPad Mini Wi-Fi

Posted on Dec 16, 2017 8:25 PM

3 replies

Dec 18, 2017 9:38 AM in response to Stellarooney

There is little you can do. You can contact Apple Support and/or take it to your local Apple retailer for help, or remember the forgotten Apple ID and password.

Contacting Apple Customer and Support Service

1. Apple Store Customer Service at 1-800-676-2775 or visit online Help for more information.
  2. Primary support help at Contact Support.
  3. To contact product and tech support: Contacting Apple for support and service including international calling numbers.

Dec 16, 2017 8:41 PM in response to pjgowen

Activation Lock Problem

If you purchased the device second-hand, then it is useless without the Apple ID and password to which it is locked. If you don't have it, can't remember it or cannot get it, then the device is useless to you. Try to get your money refunded, if you can, or take it to an Apple store for an exchange provided they will help you. If you are the original owner then take the device, a copy of your purchase receipt and identity proof to an Apple retailer where they may be able to assist you.

Find My iPhone Activation Lock

If you can't activate your iPhone - Apple Support

I have an Apple 1st generation and for some reason the device went into action lock. I used all of these steps and the IPad still will not allow me to unlo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.