Related Article: What is the difference between iMessage and SMS/MMS?

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I send my iMessages to another iPhone it just tells me delivered. I wanted to know how to get it to show when they read the messages?

I have the iPhone 6 My memory and storage capacity is 32 GB and out of that I have used 8.9 GB I couldn’t find the processor or my spend. My questing is how come I can’t see when I message a person with an iPhone? There is nothing wrong with the phone it’s brand new mine is

iPhone 6, iOS 11.2.1

Posted on Dec 16, 2017 10:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2017 10:51 PM

Looks to me the recipient has Send Read Receipts turned OFF.

It depends on the recipient, if he/she has the Send Read Receipt (Settings>Messages>Send Read Receipts) toggled OFF the you will not be able to see when the messages are read but only shows it's Delivered.

Hope that helps.

2 replies

Dec 24, 2017 1:33 PM in response to Nicolebbta

The SENDER cannot control a setting that reports the status of his or her outgoing message.. whether or not it’s been opened and viewed at all and at what time of day it was opened and viewed. Only the intended RECIPIENT controls whether his or her actions are relayed or kept private. (whether they are not reading texts at all or just not responding and/or ignoring what someone else wants them to read. ... and I like that tiny bit of privacy myself.

When I send my iMessages to another iPhone it just tells me delivered. I wanted to know how to get it to show when they read the messages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.