Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How long does Apple Watch store data for ?

Hi. I am migrating from iPhone 6s to to IPhone X and for about 2-3 weeks I maybe without an iPhone

I use very actively my Apple Watch and I won’t be able to sync it for those 2-3 weeks - I understand I cannot do it on my iPad right ?

Does anyone know how many days does it store the data for ? And if there is any risk of losing data if I migrate from one phone to another without syncing it before ?

Thanks a lot

Posted on Dec 16, 2017 11:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2017 3:29 AM

Hi

Follow the instructions here to switch your Apple Watch between your old and new iPhone:

Switch your Apple Watch to a new iPhone - Apple Support

If you continue to use your Apple Watch after you no longer have access to your iPhone 6s, then it will not be possible to retain any data that is accumulated on your watch before you pair it to your new iPhone.

It is also not possible to sync it with an iPad or any other device in the interim period or to export the data in any other way.

If you do not unpair your Apple Watch before stopping using your old iPhone, then, in order to pair your Apple Watch with your new iPhone, you will first need to manually erase it by following these steps:

On your Apple Watch, go to: Home screen (via a single press on the Digital Crown) > Settings (cog icon) > General > Reset > Erase all Content and Settings.

Then pair it to your new iPhone via the standard process, choosing to Restore from Backup, if offered the option:

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 17, 2017 3:29 AM in response to Espanol21

Hi

Follow the instructions here to switch your Apple Watch between your old and new iPhone:

Switch your Apple Watch to a new iPhone - Apple Support

If you continue to use your Apple Watch after you no longer have access to your iPhone 6s, then it will not be possible to retain any data that is accumulated on your watch before you pair it to your new iPhone.

It is also not possible to sync it with an iPad or any other device in the interim period or to export the data in any other way.

If you do not unpair your Apple Watch before stopping using your old iPhone, then, in order to pair your Apple Watch with your new iPhone, you will first need to manually erase it by following these steps:

On your Apple Watch, go to: Home screen (via a single press on the Digital Crown) > Settings (cog icon) > General > Reset > Erase all Content and Settings.

Then pair it to your new iPhone via the standard process, choosing to Restore from Backup, if offered the option:

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

How long does Apple Watch store data for ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.