Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 8 plus slow-motion flicker

I have just bought iphone 8 plus and while i try slow motion camera ,it’s flicker and so annoying, it’s only flicker in The slow motion ,

1- how to fix it or i return the device and it’s hardware issue ??

Posted on Dec 16, 2017 11:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2018 11:36 PM

Hey Sarah

I bought an iphone 8 recently, and I am facing the same flickering issue as specified by Eltohamy.

And answering your queries -

1) Well , the screen flickers and you get the same flicker in the recorded video as well. It should record just like a normal video (which records just fine with no flickers).

It flickers at a steady rate and all through out the video. I Just uploaded a slo-mo video , I hope this gives you a better insight of the issue - movie_20180103125651.mov - Google Drive

2) I am filming the video in a well lit room. The flicker also exists when I shoot videos outside in normal lighting but not as much as compared to the room recording. Anyways , it should not flicker in the first place !

3) I have the max Frame Rate and resolution (1080p @ 240 FPS), and the flickering does not go away upon changing resolutions/Frame rates.

Please take a look into this issue , I want it resolved ASAP!

Waiting to hear from you !

iphone 8 bought in December 2017

Vishal Thakur

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 2, 2018 11:36 PM in response to rose_10

Hey Sarah

I bought an iphone 8 recently, and I am facing the same flickering issue as specified by Eltohamy.

And answering your queries -

1) Well , the screen flickers and you get the same flicker in the recorded video as well. It should record just like a normal video (which records just fine with no flickers).

It flickers at a steady rate and all through out the video. I Just uploaded a slo-mo video , I hope this gives you a better insight of the issue - movie_20180103125651.mov - Google Drive

2) I am filming the video in a well lit room. The flicker also exists when I shoot videos outside in normal lighting but not as much as compared to the room recording. Anyways , it should not flicker in the first place !

3) I have the max Frame Rate and resolution (1080p @ 240 FPS), and the flickering does not go away upon changing resolutions/Frame rates.

Please take a look into this issue , I want it resolved ASAP!

Waiting to hear from you !

iphone 8 bought in December 2017

Vishal Thakur

Dec 18, 2017 9:36 AM in response to Eltohamy

Hi Eltohamy,
Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. It looks like no one has responded yet to your question. If you could provide the following information, it may help the community respond:
1. Can you describe in more detail what you are seeing? Is the flickering constant, or intermittent? Does it flicker at a steady rate, does it pulse, or does it appear in irregular spurts?

2. If you change the frame rate or the resolution when using the slow motion feature, does it appear to change the flickering?
3. Where are you filming these videos? If you test it by filming a slow motion video outside under natural light, do you still see the same flickering?

Cheers!

Jan 8, 2018 6:55 AM in response to vishalThakur92

hi, not sure if you had a reply. My iPhone X does the same, as does my 7+.

i first thought it was an issue with he Beta iOS im running, but my checking with others on normal iOS and with various phones i can say that its the same on all devices.

if im honest, i think this is to do with the lighting within your building. when you go to normal daylight the flicker will go. Its the low quality tube lighting that causes the flicker. you see it a the frame rate slo motion runs at.

hope that helps.

Iphone 8 plus slow-motion flicker

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.