Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Both my sons I pad 4 was hacked saying it was blocked by Apple we called the help line and they asked us to pay £75 to unlock it. My husband gave the man on the phone the serial numbers of the I pads ! I changed my Apple ID password . Should I do any

My sons I pad was hacked what shall I do ?

Posted on Dec 17, 2017 12:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2017 12:22 AM

I don't think it was hacked. It sounds like a phishing/scam/fake deal. Apple will never ask you to pay money to unblock your device.

Did your son receive an email or iMessage? How was the message that said it was blocked delivered?

Definitely change your password and enable two factor authentication if possible.

Ignore those emails, don't click links and definitely don't call them.

Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams(Document Type: Document) Nov 16, 2017 Scammers spoof phone numbers and use flattery and threats to pressure you into giving them information, money, and even iTunes gift cards. Always verify the caller's identity before you provide any personal information. If you get an unsolicited call from someone claiming to be from Apple, hang up and contact us directly.https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204759

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 17, 2017 12:22 AM in response to Louloubishop123

I don't think it was hacked. It sounds like a phishing/scam/fake deal. Apple will never ask you to pay money to unblock your device.

Did your son receive an email or iMessage? How was the message that said it was blocked delivered?

Definitely change your password and enable two factor authentication if possible.

Ignore those emails, don't click links and definitely don't call them.

Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams(Document Type: Document) Nov 16, 2017 Scammers spoof phone numbers and use flattery and threats to pressure you into giving them information, money, and even iTunes gift cards. Always verify the caller's identity before you provide any personal information. If you get an unsolicited call from someone claiming to be from Apple, hang up and contact us directly.https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204759

Both my sons I pad 4 was hacked saying it was blocked by Apple we called the help line and they asked us to pay £75 to unlock it. My husband gave the man on the phone the serial numbers of the I pads ! I changed my Apple ID password . Should I do any

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.