Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Youtube won’t play on my IPad...

I have an IPad Air 2 and I use the Youtube app. Whenever I search a video, I can’t click on or watch anything that comes up in the search. Anything suggested on the home page is fine but if I want to search something specific, I can see the search results and when I try to click on a video, nothing happens.

If I delete the app and reinstall, it works fine for a little while, but then it happens all over again. I just have to keep deleting and reinstalling.

My iOS is up to date.

Please help?

Posted on Dec 16, 2017 11:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2017 12:02 AM

I have given up on using the actual YouTube App.

I keep it updated, but never use it because of all the limitations they code into the app, to try and coearse you into subscribing to their horribly expensive YouTube RED subscription/conscription monthly plan!

For starters, you can use the YouTube website in a web browser (request the desktop site version) you can open videos in new tabs and IF your iPad can do PIP (Picture In Picture), the YouTube desktop website allows the PIP feature to function on your iPad, without having to sign up for and purchase the ridiculously expensive You Tube RED monthly subscription package to get this feature!

I recommend STOP using the YouTube app and regularly access YouTube Desktop website version from an iOS web browser.

Look for the link to use/view/request the desktop version and then bookmark the Desktop YouTube website for regular, future access.

Good Luck to You!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 17, 2017 12:02 AM in response to Teeseedub

I have given up on using the actual YouTube App.

I keep it updated, but never use it because of all the limitations they code into the app, to try and coearse you into subscribing to their horribly expensive YouTube RED subscription/conscription monthly plan!

For starters, you can use the YouTube website in a web browser (request the desktop site version) you can open videos in new tabs and IF your iPad can do PIP (Picture In Picture), the YouTube desktop website allows the PIP feature to function on your iPad, without having to sign up for and purchase the ridiculously expensive You Tube RED monthly subscription package to get this feature!

I recommend STOP using the YouTube app and regularly access YouTube Desktop website version from an iOS web browser.

Look for the link to use/view/request the desktop version and then bookmark the Desktop YouTube website for regular, future access.

Good Luck to You!

Youtube won’t play on my IPad...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.