Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro 2011 crashes during startup and recovery

A few weeks ago I swapped the HDD in my Macbook Pro 15” late 2011 for a samsung evo 850 SSD. After installing the new drive it took me a lot of times to startup recovery mode. It crashed every time the loading bar with the apple logo was shown.

After installing MacOs (finally) everything was going well and I was very happy. But after a while it started crashing aigan on java applications and windows 10 in parallels. it happened a few times and now the mac won’t boot anymore. It shows the startup loading bar, goes halfway and then white screen.

I installed the old HDD aigan and this now has the same problem, but the old drive had a Windows dualboot and this partition runs without any problem so I guess the hardware is ok? Also replaced the HDD flex cable, didn’t work.

I really want to fix this, anybody having an idea how to do this?

I have an imported file which was stored in the documents folder. Can I retrieve this?

Thanks for any help!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Dec 17, 2017 12:11 AM

There are no replies.

MacBook Pro 2011 crashes during startup and recovery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.