Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Call Failed Problem

I have recently bought an iPhone X in Japan, currently i’ Using it in SriLanka. I’m fedup of this iPhone, I can’t talk to anyone, call failing after few seconds while talking. Not all calls, several calls failing. Did everything, no network problems! Tried changing sim, did reset network settings! Anyone out there to solve this issue? Or do I need to change the phone

Posted on Dec 17, 2017 12:07 AM

3 replies

Dec 17, 2017 2:54 AM in response to Rushad90

Was the phone intended for use in Japan? If so, that probably is the problem.

The symptoms you are describing are indicative of a problem with the carrier network rather than the phone itself.

If the problem is with the carrier profile on the phone, changing the phone to another similar one from Japan will probably not fix the problem.

Dec 17, 2017 3:39 AM in response to Rushad90

The issue is not the phone being locked--if it were locked you would not be able to use it at all so it must be something else.

Here is the problem: there are many different things that would explain the problem you are having.

However, a hardware fault is not typically the most likely especially with a new phone.

It is much more likely that it is a network-related or a software issue on the phone. However, if there is no authorized Apple service provider for Sri Lanka it is not easy to determine whether there is a compatibility issue or not.

The easiest way to rule out network-related issues is to see if others who are using phones purchased in Sri Lanka with the same carrier as you do not have problems in places you do. If others do not, then the problem is on your phone.

Unfortunately, there is no easy way to know whether it is a software or a hardware problem without access to an authorized service provider.

Call Failed Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.