Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to keep my screen on whilst I scan my computer for various Issues but it turns off after an hour even when I have set the Energy Saver to NEVER for Computer and Display whilst on Power Adapter

I want to keep my screen on whilst I scan my MacBook Pro for various Issues but it turns off after an hour even when I have set the Energy Saver function to NEVER for Computer and Display whilst on Power Adapter.

No Screensaver or Desktop set to come on also?

Can anybody Help! please.

Regards

Phil

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), macOS Sierra (10.12.6), 2.9GHz Intel Core i7 - 8GB-1600 MHz

Posted on Dec 17, 2017 12:05 AM

1 reply

Dec 18, 2017 6:42 PM in response to Community User

Hi philw68,

I understand that you're trying to keep your MacBook Pro awake, but it seems to still turn off the display after some time. I'm happy to provide some help for this.

Check out the recommendations provided for this in the following article:

If your Mac doesn't sleep or wake when expected - Apple Support

If your Mac goes to sleep unexpectedly

Make sure that Energy Saver is set up the way you want: choose Apple () menu > System Preferences, then click Energy Saver. Adjust one or more of the following controls to affect when your Mac goes to sleep. Some of these controls might not be available on your Mac.

• "Turn display off after" slider
  • "Display sleep" slider
  • "Computer sleep" slider
    If a slider is set to "Never," sleep is disabled for that feature.
  • Schedule button

Make sure that you aren't putting your Mac to sleep accidentally:

• Pressing the power button can put your Mac to sleep.
  • Moving your mouse pointer to a hot corner can put your Mac to sleep, depending on your Mission Control settings. Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Mission Control. Click the Hot Corners button, then see if any of the corners are set to "Put Display to Sleep."
  • Using magnets near your Mac notebook can put your Mac to sleep.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Cheers!

I want to keep my screen on whilst I scan my computer for various Issues but it turns off after an hour even when I have set the Energy Saver to NEVER for Computer and Display whilst on Power Adapter

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.