Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I buy an Apple Watch 3 outright - do I still have to pay monthly for cellular with my network provider (UK)?

I want to buy an Apple Watch 3. I see there are options of buying the Watch outright and also options with my phone provider who offer £30 upfront cost and then pay £25 per month for 2 years. Will I have to pay per month if I buy the Watch outright or not?

Posted on Dec 17, 2017 1:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2017 1:56 AM

Hi

If you buy an Apple Watch outright, then you would not also need to pay your phone provider for your Apple Watch.

The built-in cellular features require a carrier plan for your iPhone that specifically includes support for Apple Watch, including the carrier activating the watch on the plan. The watch cannot be set up on a standalone basis or using service plans from different carriers for each of the iPhone and watch.

EE is currently the only UK carrier that supports this feature.

EE's price for adding support for Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular) is the same for all customers. Currently, in addition to the cost of the iPhone's service plan, it is free for 6 months and then 10GB per month for £5 per month:

http://ee.co.uk/help/add-ons-benefits-and-plans/calling-texting-and-data-add-ons /apple-watch-series-3-ee-set-up-and-plan…

If you purchase an Apple Watch from Apple or elsewhere, then you will not also have to pay EE for the Apple Watch itself.

If you do not wish to sign up with EE, then you cannot currently use the built-in cellular feature with another UK network:

Apple Watch - Carriers - Apple

Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular) can also be paired, set up and used for other features whilst skipping the steps to activate cellular.

The cellular feature can then be enabled later, if and when you are using a compatible service plan on your iPhone, whether from EE or another UK carrier in due course.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 17, 2017 1:56 AM in response to TaylerO

Hi

If you buy an Apple Watch outright, then you would not also need to pay your phone provider for your Apple Watch.

The built-in cellular features require a carrier plan for your iPhone that specifically includes support for Apple Watch, including the carrier activating the watch on the plan. The watch cannot be set up on a standalone basis or using service plans from different carriers for each of the iPhone and watch.

EE is currently the only UK carrier that supports this feature.

EE's price for adding support for Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular) is the same for all customers. Currently, in addition to the cost of the iPhone's service plan, it is free for 6 months and then 10GB per month for £5 per month:

http://ee.co.uk/help/add-ons-benefits-and-plans/calling-texting-and-data-add-ons /apple-watch-series-3-ee-set-up-and-plan…

If you purchase an Apple Watch from Apple or elsewhere, then you will not also have to pay EE for the Apple Watch itself.

If you do not wish to sign up with EE, then you cannot currently use the built-in cellular feature with another UK network:

Apple Watch - Carriers - Apple

Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular) can also be paired, set up and used for other features whilst skipping the steps to activate cellular.

The cellular feature can then be enabled later, if and when you are using a compatible service plan on your iPhone, whether from EE or another UK carrier in due course.

If I buy an Apple Watch 3 outright - do I still have to pay monthly for cellular with my network provider (UK)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.