Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what is this update all about appledoesnt mention what it is and they want me to trust them blindly i dont think so so many of apples update take away our privacy and puts it in the hands of their friends in bussiness

what is this new update about and is it going compromise our privacy furthur every uppdate seems to be taking our privacy away from us i will not update anymore and matter of fact if i dont get an answer this will be my last apple product i will get rid of all my apple products plenty of others that give me the control over my phone and what i choose to have on my phone or tablets

Posted on Dec 17, 2017 2:23 AM

5 replies

Dec 18, 2017 5:39 AM in response to bamagirlfrompittsburgh

The page that linked to these discussions included a link to Apple security updates, which is also the first item that comes up in a simple search with Google. This lists the individual security updates, which in turn highlight the changes.

Neither you nor the original poster bothered to mention exactly what update you are complaining about, but Apple continually updates their system and application software (it could always be worse, just look at Adobe's Flash player).

Dec 17, 2017 3:39 AM in response to professional1357

All the security and OS updates have links to what is in them, and no one forces you to do anything. These are user-to-user discussion communities, no one here has anything to do with what Apple does or does not do. Ranting and complaining here serves no purpose, you need to take your issue up with Apple via their feedback pages or contacts list.

Oh, and if you think your privacy is compromised on Apple's products, good luck with the competition, you are going to need it.

Dec 19, 2017 4:11 PM in response to red_menace

the update in concern is the 11.2.1 gone the days of trusting apple they are like the hidden thief but comes across as a friend im not fooled and if not givien information about this so called update i will not download it and apple will lose a major customer no sweat of my back ill just put my money into security with my new product not from apple 🙂

what is this update all about appledoesnt mention what it is and they want me to trust them blindly i dont think so so many of apples update take away our privacy and puts it in the hands of their friends in bussiness

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.