Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

High heart rate when not wearing the watch

Why is Heart Rate in Apple Watch showing rates of 113-136 when I'm not wearing the watch, and it's on charge in the other room between 3a-4a? Also it randomly shows a spike at 167 during the day.

Is this a problem with the hardware or the software? Are these known issues, or is there a problem with this device?

Thanks.

MacBook Pro, macOS High Sierra (10.13.2), Late 2016 15" 2.7 GHz i7 16 GB RAM

Posted on Dec 17, 2017 3:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2017 2:46 PM

Hi Tom,

I understand that your Apple Watch is recording heart rate data when it's charging, and spikes during the day. I'm happy to provide some help for this issue.

I recommend going through all of the information to help with this in the article below:

Get the most accurate measurements using your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Cheers!
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 18, 2017 2:46 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

Hi Tom,

I understand that your Apple Watch is recording heart rate data when it's charging, and spikes during the day. I'm happy to provide some help for this issue.

I recommend going through all of the information to help with this in the article below:

Get the most accurate measurements using your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Cheers!

Dec 18, 2017 2:54 PM in response to chris_g1

Thanks for replying. Everything seems to be set up correctly. The night spikes while it's charging are very puzzling. Looking back through the history day by day it looks as if the charging spikes happen only occasionally, perhaps once in a week. The day time spikes are slightly more frequent, happening on two out of three days.

Thanks again.

High heart rate when not wearing the watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.