Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't get my FaceTime to work with cellular data. Can anyone assist me with this?

I have the I phone 4 and I've tried putting in my email and it still won't work..

Posted on Dec 17, 2017 5:08 AM

1 reply

Dec 18, 2017 11:44 AM in response to Perry92

Hey Perry92,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. I can see that you want to use FaceTime over cellular data. Although adding an email address to work with FaceTime can help give others options to reach you, this will not allow for cellular data to work. However, I've included a link below with some information of settings that need to be confirmed to help with this.

If you can‘t make a FaceTime call on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
Specifically, this section

If you can't make or receive FaceTime calls

If none of the above reasons apply to you, and you still can't make or receive FaceTime calls, follow these steps:

1. Make sure that your device has a Wi-Fi connection to the Internet or a cellular-data connection.
    Learn more if you're using router, firewall, or security software that restricts Internet access.
  2. If you're trying to use FaceTime over cellular, make sure that Use Cellular Data is on for FaceTime. Go to Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data, and turn on FaceTime.

Let me know if this doesn't work for you.

Regards

I can't get my FaceTime to work with cellular data. Can anyone assist me with this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.