Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update jumbled up my photos

Hi just done latest update on my I-Pad to the latest version and now all my photos are jumbled up does anyone know how to revert back to normal many thanks

iPad Pro Wi-Fi, iOS 11.2.1

Posted on Dec 17, 2017 3:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2017 5:10 AM

There is no easy fix to get the "All Photos" album back to normal. The Photos View should still be sorted chronologically by moments.

When an iPhone upgrade needs to convert the the Photos Library to a new format, it is not guaranteed, that the camera roll album will keep its order for the older photos.

Many users posted here complaints about the messed up camera roll or AllPhotos album.

You could try this complicated fix: Re: iOS 11 camera roll pictures not in chronological order

It requires a third-party.app, but helped in some cases.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 17, 2017 5:10 AM in response to Wishy.washy

There is no easy fix to get the "All Photos" album back to normal. The Photos View should still be sorted chronologically by moments.

When an iPhone upgrade needs to convert the the Photos Library to a new format, it is not guaranteed, that the camera roll album will keep its order for the older photos.

Many users posted here complaints about the messed up camera roll or AllPhotos album.

You could try this complicated fix: Re: iOS 11 camera roll pictures not in chronological order

It requires a third-party.app, but helped in some cases.

Dec 19, 2017 1:49 AM in response to Wishy.washy

Many thanks might have to try this seeing as i have 36,000 photos 😠

36000 photos? Are you syncing the iPhone with iCloud Photo Library on a Mac?

Then I would simply crate some albums on the Mac with the last imports. Photos on High Sierra is showing you the photos sorted by the date of the Import session in the Imports album. Create albums from your last imports and have them sync to the iPhone.

Are the moments, collections, Years in the Photos view also no longer sorted correctly?

Update jumbled up my photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.