Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

One of my iOS apps is unresponsive

I am using an iPhone 7, running iOS 11.2.1. It has capacity 128 GB, 69 GB free.

I had been using 1Password very happily on it. However, when I was still on iOS 10, I did an update, and it disappeared from my "desktop". Since then, both iOS and 1Password have been through several updates (current 1Password version: 7.0.3). I have always installed updates at once, hoping that 1Password would reappear. But until now it hasn't. I can find it in my App Store, but when I press the Open button, nothing happens.

When I was still in iOS 10, I did delete and reinstall 1Password once or twice. However, it would straightaway disappear from the desktop, and I would be back to status quo.

I have been very frustrated because it's so difficult in iOS 11 to delete apps. However, today, I finally learned from this site how to delete it, under Manage Storage in Settings. So, I deleted it (and I've also offloaded several other big apps I'm not using). Now I am trying to redownload it. I see the blue cloud & arrow, they are not faded out. But when I press on the blue cloud, nothing happens.

I hope you can help me to make 1Password functional again. It really is so useful!

iPhone 7, iOS 11.2.1, 128 GB

Posted on Dec 17, 2017 3:46 AM

9 replies

Dec 18, 2017 7:46 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

Yes, I did write another message to them. I'm waiting for the reply.

But is there any possibility that this is an iOS problem to do with my particular phone? Is there nothing I can do in iOS? My sister & brother-in-law also use 1Password on their Mac devices (computers, iPhones, iPads), and it works perfectly for them.

Dec 19, 2017 10:11 AM in response to gtob

Well, I finally asked my brother-in-law for help. He suggested turning the phone off, then on again. That enabled me to redownload the 1Password app when previously I couldn't. But it still wouldn't open, or appear on the desktop. He thought maybe the registry was corrupted. But we didn't have a way to delete that file. So then he suggested that I reset all settings! 😮 Well, so, I backed up my iPhone, then I took a deep breath and did it.

It worked!! 😀😀 1Password appeared on my desktop, and it worked exactly as it's supposed to.

Conclusion: It seems to me it was more an iOS problem than a 1Password problem. I hope this helps someone else who might have the same problem...

One of my iOS apps is unresponsive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.