Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

account suspended

I received this email and I think it’s fake - can someone please help?

<Image Edited for Personal Information>

Posted on Dec 17, 2017 4:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2017 4:47 AM

It's a really bad idea to post your email address, even in an image - it's an invitation to spam - and I've asked the Hosts to remove it.

The message is a fake, an attempt to get your ID and password. Apple will never email you a message like this - if they do have to suspend your account they won't email you, they will wait for you to find out.

Real emails from Apple will always address you by name, not your email address or 'Dear Customer' or similar. Never ever follow links or ring telephone numbers in these email: if you want to check your account go directly to the Apple web page.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 17, 2017 4:47 AM in response to Helen198822

It's a really bad idea to post your email address, even in an image - it's an invitation to spam - and I've asked the Hosts to remove it.

The message is a fake, an attempt to get your ID and password. Apple will never email you a message like this - if they do have to suspend your account they won't email you, they will wait for you to find out.

Real emails from Apple will always address you by name, not your email address or 'Dear Customer' or similar. Never ever follow links or ring telephone numbers in these email: if you want to check your account go directly to the Apple web page.

account suspended

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.