Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Amazon Prime Video app for Apple TV stops connecting to internet error 1060

The Amazon Prime Video app will not connect to the internet and displays "error code 1060." I installed it a few days ago and worked. But last night it suddenly froze and displayer "error code 1060" and a message that it could not connect to the internet after I went to my watch list.

All other Apple TV apps work fine, including PBS, Hulu, Netflix, Met Opera on Demand, and You Tube. Amazon help had me reboot my router, but that didn't work. We could not reinstall the app because the installation froze when it could not connect to the internet. Amazon says the problem is with the ISP, but I don't understand how that could be the case when everything else works--iMac, cable TV, router, internet, VOIP phone, and every other Apple TV app.

I have the last generation non-4K Apple TV. It is fully updated. Set for automatic updates of all apps.

ISP and cable provider: Frontier FIOS (formerly Verizon FIOS)

TV: Vizio E601iA3

Router: Verizon M1424WR

Apple TV (4th generation), tvOS 11.2.1

Posted on Dec 17, 2017 7:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2017 8:22 AM

Hi. Please report problems to Apple by posting at this link: Feedback - Apple TV - Apple. They don't monitor these forums. You should also try to check with Amazon, since it is their app. If you are able to install other apps on Apple TV 4K, then there is something special about the Amazon app.

10 replies

Dec 17, 2017 3:25 PM in response to Garak

Hi. Are you able to install some other app? That would verify your access to the Apple servers.

Are you using anything that might affect internet access? Special DNS server, router firewall, etc. I suspect that the app is failing to connect to a specific server. When that fails, it reports that there is no internet connection.

Also, are you in the USA, with correct region and timezone settings? Any inconsistency there could upset it.

Dec 18, 2017 9:53 AM in response to Diana.McCall

Thanks.

I just installed the Economist Films app. It worked, as do all my other apps. I have not changed any of my router settings nor do I have a special DNS server. All my other Apple TV apps continue to function properly. So it seems to me that all other apps can access Apple servers. Only the Amazon Prime Video app fails.

As I mentioned above, the Amazon Prime Video app functioned properly until this weekend. I opened it, and it failed only after I started to use it. That indicates to me that whatever happened did so after starting up the app. It connected to Apple's servers, then stopped doing so.

Dec 19, 2017 6:25 PM in response to Garak

It’s intermittent. We just watched an episode on Amazon and then went to the next in the same series and got the Internet Connection error screen. Every other app works fine. Watched HBO, came back to Amazon, still get the error. Tomorrow it might work. Been happening the last few days. It’s Amazon, not my Internet.

Amazon Prime Video app for Apple TV stops connecting to internet error 1060

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.